Adams & Remers is committed to operating as a socially responsible business: We support various activities that reflect our own values and the values of our clients; in particular relating to health, heritage and the arts.
ADAMS & REMERS SPONSORS MURDER AT THE MANOR
Adams & Remers is sponsoring Murder at The Manor, a murder mystery dinner on 7th September 2012 at Folkington Manor, raising funds for the Sussex Cricket in the Community Trust. Details about the event are at this link.
ADAMS & REMERS AT THE VOLLEYBALL COURT
Representatives of the local Sussex legal community, including Adams & Remers, will be joining Brighton’s Crown Office Row Barristers Chambers for their second “Crown Office Row Mixed Beach Volleyball Tournament’ on Friday 22 June from 6pm at the Yellow Wave, Madeira Drive, Brighton. 15 teams have entered, raising in total £2,250 for the Rockinghorse Children’s Charity through their £150 entry fees.
ADAMS & REMERS JOINS HISTORIC TOWNS FORUM
The Historic Towns Forum (formerly the English Historic Towns Forum) has been supporting professionals working in the historic built environment since 1987. EHTF was founded to establish and encourage contact between local authorities having responsibility for the management of historic towns and cities, and between these authorities and other public, private and voluntary sector agencies. Patron: HRH Prince of Wales.
ADAMS & REMERS AWARDS MAN OF THE MATCH AT LEWES FC
Adams & Remers sponsored the Lewes FC game vs Lowestoft on 17th March 2012. Matthew Searle, Partner Corporate & Commercial, accepted a commemorative plaque and our group of football supporters on the day (lawyers, staff and families) chose and awarded the 'Man of the Match'.
After the match, Charlie Nation-Dixon presented the Man of the Match champagne to the Rooks' number 9.
In sponsoring the match, Adams & Remers demonstrated its support of the community. Lewes Football Club is a Community Football Club - one of only a handful in England and on the Continent (of which Barcelona is one). A full account of the match is at this link.
QUIZ VICTORY FOR DEBUT ADAMS & REMERS LONDON TEAM: Helping to Raise £782 for Evelina Children's Hospital
- Adams & Remers scooped a narrow one point victory in their debut in the Mayfair & St James’s Association quiz which took place on Thursday 22 March 2012, beating a number of other local London teams. The team from the firm’s Duke Street office included Simon Jones, Stuart Robertson, Joe Covill, Kathryn Parker and Robin Illingworth.
- Simon Jones from Adams & Remers comments: I think it’s fair to say that no one was more surprised than we were to win though we made it through the tie breaker round with flying colours. A fantastic evening was had by all.”
- The chosen charity for the evening was the Evelina Children’s Hospital (paediatric intensive care) at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital and £782 was raised.
- The winning team received six bottles of wine and were presented with a trophy which they are hoping to hang onto at future quiz nights.
We have recently supported the activities of community groups and registered charities including:
- Lewes Railway Land Wildlife Trust: On the edge of Lewes beside the River Ouse, over twenty acres of land, previously used as rail yards became a neglected wasteland for 25 years. The land was saved from development by residents and is now a prized nature reserve around which several social and ecological projects gravitate.
- Southover Church Monday Club: A weekly group event for elderly people in the Lewes area who might otherwise be isolated in their homes - run by Southover Church and providing a wide variety of activities including quizzes, talks, crafts, a home cooked meal, transport, and the company of others. This cheerful group is well run by enthusiastic volunteers and has a waiting list for participants.
- Reed Court & Boughey Place Club: Funding provides elderly and disabled residents in sheltered housing in Lewes with a summer outing programme, including specialised transport for disabled residents.
- Sussex Pathways: A charity providing care, support, mentoring and rehabilitation for offenders of all ages who have been in custody at Lewes or Ford prisons.
- St Peter & St James Hospice: A hospice in Sussex providing in-patient and day care facilities for terminally ill patients.
Please direct requests for support for community based projects for the attention of Lois Ellett