Firm News and Events
News from across the firm:
If you would like to see archived news please click here.
- New ‘duty holder’ responsibility for asbestos management : Anyone who is responsible for the common areas of a residential building now has a ‘duty to manage’ asbestos which may influence your decision about whether to buy a particular property in the future or to transfer control to leaseholders.
- Adams & Remers acts for Inition shareholders in sale to Parity : Adams & Remers has acted for the shareholders of Inition Limited, a leading 3D technology business based in Shoreditch, which has been acquired by Parity, the UK IT services group in a deal worth at least £2.25 million.
- New Buxted Centre Officially Opens : Buxted’s new eco-friendly Medical Centre was officially opened on Saturday 19 May by Wealden MP Charles Hendry.
- Adams & Remers key role as Gatwick Airport leads on solar power: If you have flown to or from Gatwick Airport this year, you may have noticed a newly constructed 50kW Solar PV system next to the main runway. And it is thanks to Adams & Remers, on behalf of their client Orta Solar Limited who was responsible for the development and construction, that the legal side of the project ran smoothly.
- Academy Schools Conversion Seminars : 23rd & 31st May : Adams & Remers is hosting seminars in East Sussex this May for school Chairs of Governors, Head Teachers and Business Managers to explore the options and issues surrounding Academy Schools Conversions.
- New Anchor Healthcare Centre officially opens : The new state of the art Anchor Health Centre in Peacehaven will be officially opened on Friday 27 April at 7pm by champion marathon runner and former Great Britain long distance athlete Richard Nerurkar MBE. And it is with thanks to many local firms that the project has been successfully completed.
- Property service charges – are they reasonable? Budgeting for service charges can be difficult, especially in the current economic climate. So if you own, or are looking to buy a leasehold property, the key question you should ask is are the charges reasonable, warns Adams & Remers.
- Don’t miss out on education trust tax benefits: Setting up an educational trust can provide a tax efficient way of privately educating your children or providing for their university education says Adams & Remers but many parents have not heard of them and don’t know how to set them up.
- Guide: IHT rebate for charitable giving: Gifts to charity, whether in your will or during your lifetime are normally exempt from inheritance tax (IHT). The Government has now announced that from 6 April 2012, there will be a reduction of IHT on the non-charitable part of one’s estate of 4% (from 40% to 36%) if at least 10% of one’s estate goes directly to charity.
- Adams & Remers advises on the sale of recruitment businesses in the Middle East: Adams & Remers’ corporate team has completed another transaction within the recruitment sector, acting for the beneficial owners of Taaheed Human Resources Consultancy and Carmichael Fisher (Dubai) on the sale of these two businesses to Ochre House Limited.
- Adams & Remers advises on the sale of 192business Limited: Adams & Remers has acted for the shareholders, senior employees and private investors of 192business Limited in the sale of the entire issued share capital to Experian, the global information services company, for an undisclosed sum.
- Adams & Remers act on sale of Adgen Energy: Adams & Remers has acted on the sale of Adgen Energy, the renewable energy project development company, to Tamer Energy.
- Adams & Remers advises Surrey NanoSystems on second round investment: Adams & Remers has acted for Surrey NanoSystems in relation to a second round investment by various new corporate investors and existing partners. The Company raised a total of £4.5 million by way of new cash subscription and loan note conversions.
- Thinking of proposing? Look before you leap: Modern men may be used to women taking the initiative in life and this year’s leap year presents women with an excellent opportunity to move dawdling relationships to the next level by popping the question on 29th February. But for anyone who is delaying asking their loved one to marry them for fear of how they should protect their financial assets, then Adams & Remers has published a handy free guide.