Expert advice and legal services that help leaseholders and landlords with their freehold acquisition needs, right to manage, right of first refusal and lease extensions
We can provide you with expert advice about:
- your eligibility
- how and when to instruct valuation experts
- the statutory procedure you need to follow
- the best strategies for securing attractive conveyancing terms
Whether you are an owner of a flat or flats, an owner of leasehold houses, a managing agent for blocks of flats, or a freeholder or landlord of blocks of flats and leasehold houses - Adams and Remers can help.
Our experienced expert team provides advice to both tenants and landlords alike about the key issues surrounding leasehold enfranchisement:-
- Collective enfranchisement (acquisition by leaseholders of the freeholds of their buildings) where leaseholders wish to take control of the management of their building or grant themselves lease extensions
- Lease extensions - when leaseholders wish to ensure the remaining term of their leases does not approach a level where mortgage lenders will be reluctant to lend against the property or where potential buyers are deterred
- Right of first refusal where landlords wish to dispose of their freehold interests to someone other than the leaseholders
- Acquisition by leaseholders of the right to manage their buildings - when they seek to control the management of their building
We regularly act for clients with properties across Kent and Sussex, including Brighton, Eastbourne and Worthing, as well as central and outer London.
Further information about our freehold and leasehold services can be found at this link (pdf).