Employment Law within the Agricultural Sector
- Advice in relation to compliance issues, including: the Agricultural Wages Order, the Working Time Regulations, the National Minimum Wage, sick pay, records keeping, maternity and paternity rights, disciplinary and grievance procedures, retirement procedures and employers’ obligations in relation to health and safety.
- Drafting employment documentation, including staff contracts, handbooks, policies and rules and regulations.
- Advice regarding procedural requirements when making redundancies and restructuring, or when selling your business or a part of it.
- Guidance regarding the termination of employment contracts and assistance in any negotiations if relations breakdown. Defence of employment tribunal proceedings, including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination, wrongful dismissal and breach of contract.
- Assistance in dealing with workplace problems such as frequent or long term sickness absence, misconduct, poor performance and bullying.
- Advice regarding the rights of individuals depending upon their status, such as: zero hours workers, casual workers, staff under fixed term contracts, work experience placements, seasonal workers and agency staff.
For further advice contact our team direct or talk to your usual contact in the firm.